I am not currently accepting review requests other than from authors I’ve worked with previously, i.e. I’ve accepted one of your books for review, I’ve reviewed one of your books, I’ve participated in a blog tour for your book or I’ve featured your book on my blog by way of a Q&A, guest post or extract.
Like many other book bloggers, I get approached by lots of authors (or publicists on behalf of authors) asking me to consider reviewing their book. Many of these are self-published authors. Unfortunately, as there only so many hours in the day, I can only accept some of these requests. I prioritise books in my favourite genres (historical fiction and literary fiction).
The list below is my current review pile. Clicking on the title will take you to the book description on Goodreads. Once I have read and reviewed a book it will be removed from this page and appear instead on my What Cathy Read page for the relevant year with a link to my review.
- If you’d like to see your book in this list, consult my review policy here before contacting me
- This is not all the books on my To-Be-Read pile, just those received direct from authors. I have lots of other books waiting to be read!
- I read books from my author review pile in strict order of receipt (unless I have specifically agreed otherwise, e.g. to meet a publication date or for a blog tour)
Shown in the order I intend to read them…
- Getting Home by Wolfe Butler
- An Engineered Injustice (Philadelphia Legal #2) by William L. Myers, Jr.
- The Artist and the Soldier by Angelle Petta
- Discontents: The Disappearance of a Young Radical by James Wallace Birch
- Artist, Soldier, Lover, Muse by Arthur D. Hittner
- The Incendium Plot (Christopher Radcliff #1) by Andrew Swanston
- Connectedness by Sandra Danby
- Sheriff and Priest by Nicky Moxey
- The Hidden Village by Imogen Matthews
- The Italian Couple by J. R. Rogers
- China Blue (Dudley Sisters Saga #3) by Madalyn Morgan
- Chasing Ghosts (Dudley Sisters Saga #6) by Madalyn Morgan
- The Convalescent Corpse by Nicola Slade