Publishers – I am happy to consider review requests for books in the following genres:
- Historical fiction, especially historical crime/mystery
- Literary/contemporary fiction
- Crime/mystery/thriller (but nothing too gory or violent)
- Short story collections
- Non-fiction – biography/memoir about nature, travel or WW1/WW2, 20th century political history
Authors – I am open to review requests but I’m currently prioritising requests from authors I’ve worked with before, i.e. your book is in my review pile (see below), I’ve reviewed one of your books, I’ve participated in a blog tour for one of your books or I’ve featured your book on my blog by way of a Q&A, guest post or extract.
Genres I do not read
- Children’s books/YA
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
I pride myself on writing detailed reviews that are thoughtful, honest and constructive as I respect the effort that goes into writing a book. I don’t include ratings in my reviews but you can find the ratings I give each book on Goodreads and Amazon. I share my reviews on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I am a NetGalley reviewer with an 80%+ feedback ratio.
I have a low tolerance for books that have not been fully edited or proofread. It will result in a low rating and it’s unlikely I will publish a review or even finish your book.
I do not charge for reviews. Where I have received a review copy from an author or publisher this will be stated. Regardless of whether I have purchased a book myself or received a review copy, my review will be my honest opinion. Where purchase links are provided it will clearly state if this is part of an affiliate programme.
To connect with me, visit my Contact page. My current author review pile:
- Sheriff and Priest by Nicky Moxey
- The Italian Couple by J. R. Rogers
- The Bridled Tongue by Catherine Meyrick, author of Forsaking All Other
- The Senator’s Darkest Days by Joan E. Histon, author of The Senator’s Assignment
- Courage Without Grace by Jeannie Zokan, author of The Existence of Pity
- The Cotillion Brigade by Glen Craney, author of The Virgin of the Wind Rose
- The Wrecking Storm by Michael Ward, author of Rags of Time
- China Blue (Dudley Sisters Saga #3) by Madalyn Morgan
- Chasing Ghosts (Dudley Sisters Saga #6) by Madalyn Morgan
Please note: This is not all the books on my To-Be-Read pile, just those received direct from authors. I have lots of other books waiting to be read! I read books from my author review pile in strict order of receipt unless specifically agreed otherwise.