I am not currently accepting review requests direct from authors except those I’ve worked with previously, i.e. your book is in my review pile (see below), I’ve reviewed one of your books, I’ve participated in a blog tour for one of your books or I’ve featured your books on my blog by way of a Q&A, guest post or extract.
My favourite genres
- Historical fiction, especially historical crime/mystery
- Literary/contemporary fiction
- Crime/mystery/thriller (but nothing too gory or violent)
- Short story collections
- Non-fiction – history, biography or memoir
Genres I do not read
YA Erotica Children’s
Humour Horror Self-help
I pride myself on writing detailed reviews that are thoughtful, honest and constructive as I respect the effort that goes into writing a book. I don’t include ratings in my reviews but you can find the ratings I gave each book on Goodreads and Amazon. I share my reviews on Facebook and Twitter. I am a NetGalley reviewer with an 80%+ feedback ratio.
I have a low tolerance for books with poor punctuation or grammar or that have not been fully edited or proofread. It will result in a low rating and it’s unlikely I will publish a review or even finish your book.
I do not charge for reviews. Where I have received a review copy from an author or publisher this will be stated in my review. Regardless of whether I have purchased a book myself or received a review copy, my review will be my honest and unbiased opinion. Where purchase links are provided it will clearly state if this is part of an affiliate programme.
To connect with me, visit my Contact page. My current author review pile:
- The Incendium Plot (Christopher Radcliff #1) by Andrew Swanston
- Sheriff and Priest by Nicky Moxey
- The Italian Couple by J. R. Rogers
- The Bridled Tongue by Catherine Meyrick
- The Senator’s Darkest Days by Joan E. Histon
- China Blue (Dudley Sisters Saga #3) by Madalyn Morgan
- Chasing Ghosts (Dudley Sisters Saga #6) by Madalyn Morgan
Please note: This is not all the books on my To-Be-Read pile, just those received direct from authors. I have lots of other books waiting to be read! I read books from my author review pile in strict order of receipt unless agreed otherwise.
My rating system
5 out of 5 Absolutely loved it: great writing, plot & characterisation
4 out of 5 A high quality example of its genre
3 out of 5 An enjoyable, entertaining or interesting read
2 out of 5 Below par or not my thing (review will not be published on my blog)
1 out of 5 A very poorly written book (review will not be published on my blog)