Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
This week’s topic is Favourite Places To Read.
- In bed, my favourite place to listen to an audiobook before I go to sleep
- In a park or garden, turning the pages to a backdrop of bird song and bees buzzing
- On a hotel balcony, with a view of the sea or pool
- On a cruise ship (I wish), as above
- On my sofa, close to my bookshelves so my next great read is within easy reach
- On a train or plane, to make the hours pass by more quickly
Finally, a few places from novels or associated with authors:
- The library in The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams
- Menabilly, the one-time home of Daphne du Maurier
- Chawton, the home of Jane Austen
- Batemans, the home of Rudyard Kipling