Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson (hardcover)
When Tina Hopgood writes a letter of regret to a man she has never met, she doesn’t expect a reply. When Anders Larsen, a lonely museum curator, answers it, nor does he. They’re both searching for something, they just don’t know it yet.
Anders has lost his wife, along with his hopes and dreams for the future. Tina is trapped in a marriage she doesn’t remember choosing. Slowly their correspondence blossoms as they bare their souls to each other with stories of joy, anguish and discovery. But then Tina’s letters suddenly cease, and Anders is thrown into despair.
Can their unexpected friendship survive?
On What Cathy Read Next last week
Monday – I joined the blog tour for The Vanished Child by M. J. Lee, sharing my review of this genealogical mystery with a real-life historical scandal at its heart.
Tuesday – I hosted a slot on the blog tour for Blood and Ink by D K Marley sharing my Q&A with the author about her historical novel that re-imagines the life of Christopher Marlowe.
Wednesday – WWW Wednesday is the opportunity to share what I’ve just finished reading, what I’m reading now and what I’ll be reading next.
Thursday – I shared my review of Downed Over Germany by Marion Kummerow, a novella which is a prequel to War Girl Ursula, the first in her War Girl series set in World War 2. I also published my list for the next Classics Club Spin. The spin number will be announced on Wednesday 1st August.
Friday – I finally got around to reading a book I’ve been hearing a lot of praise for – Old Baggage by Lissa Evans – and shared others’ enthusiasm for the book in my review.
Saturday – I participated in the blog tour for The Pagoda Tree by Claire Scobie, sharing my review of this fabulous historical novel set in 18th century India.
Sunday – Another blog tour and another review, this time of Smile of the Wolf by Tim Leach. Set in 10th century Iceland, I’m going to steal the author’s description of it as a ‘frozen Western’.
- Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge – 112 out of 156 books read, 5 more than last week
- Classics Club Challenge – 16 out of 50 books read, same as last week
- NetGalley/Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2018 (Gold) – 40 ARCs read and reviewed out of 50, 2 more than last week
- From Page to Screen– 11 book/film comparisons out of 15 completed, same as last week
- 2018 TBR Pile Challenge – 5 out of 12 books read, same as last week
- When Are You Reading? Challenge 2018 – 7 out of 12 books read, same as last week
- What’s In A Name Reading Challenge – 1 out of 6 books read, same as last week
- Buchan of the Month – 6 out of 12 books read, same as last week
- 20 Books of Summer Challenge – 8 out of 20 books read, same as last week
- Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2018 – 50 books read
On What Cathy Read Next this week
- Buchan of the Month: The Watcher by the Threshold by John Buchan
- Book Review: The Secrets of Primrose Square by Claudia Carroll
- Book Review: The Story Keeper by Anna Mazzola
- Book Review: The Assassin of Verona by Benet Brandreth
- Book Review: Happiness is a Collage by Gita Reddy
- Blog Tour/Book Review: The Promise by Michelle Vernal