How time flies because it’s time for another Classics Club spin! It has to be said that my progress with my Classics Club List has been modest so far because I keep getting tempted by new releases and blog tours. So this is a great opportunity to focus on it and at least get one book from the list read in the near future.
The rules are simple:
- Go to your blog
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Friday, 9th March
- That morning (9th March) The Classics Club will announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number announced
- The challenge is to read that book by 30th April even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (Not fair not listing any scary ones!)
Here’s my spin list. My Classics Club list focused on women writers – with a few books by John Buchan thrown in – so my spin list reflects that. I’ve chosen mainly books I already own so there’s no excuse not to read whatever is selected!
1. The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
2. The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Armin
3. The Crowded Street by Winifred Holtby
4. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
5. Heat and Dust by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala
6. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
7. Invitation to the Waltz by Rosamond Lehmann
8. All Passion Spent by Vita Sackville-West
9. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
10. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
11. Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys
12. The Town House by Norah Lofts
13. A Garden of Earthly Delights by Joyce Carol Oates
14. Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers
15. Greenmantle by John Buchan
16. Katherine by Anya Seton
17. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
18. Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor
19. Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
20. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
What would you be hoping for if you had my list? (Both I and the lovely Cleo at Cleopatra Loves Books are hoping for the spin gods to select no.10.)
What you be dreading?
Have you read any of the books on my list?