About the Book
Coming home to catch her husband with his face between the long, silky legs of another woman is the last thing Sofia expects – and on today of all days. But, after scratching an expletive into his Porsche and setting the cheating bastard’s clothes on fire, she cranks up her beloved Bruce and flees, vowing to never look back. Finding solace in the peaceful beachside town of Bradley Beach, NJ, Sof is determined to start over. And, with the help of best friends, new acquaintances, a sexy neighbour, and the powerful songs of Springsteen, this may be the place where her wounds can heal. But, as if she hasn’t faced her share of life’s challenges, a final flurry of obstacles awaits. In order to head courageously toward the future, Sofia must first let go of her past, find freedom, and mend her broken soul.
Watch the book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKapg7v-NT8
Format: eBook (300 pp.), paperback (280 pp.) Publisher: Lakewater Press
Published: 24th October 2017 Genre: Women’s Fiction
Find The Summer Springsteen’s Songs Saved Me on Goodreads
20 Things To Love About The Summer Springsteen’s Songs Saved Me
- Phoebe – The smelliest, laziest but most lovable pooch in the world
- Jerome – Two words: poetic justice
- Coincidence or fate? A sexy, unattached man living right next door
- Living the fantasy of moving to the beach
- Dumping a jerk (see 2)
- Taking control of your life and moving on (see 2)
- Proof positive there’s a Springsteen for every occasion and every mood – he really can read your mind!
- Being rescued and being a rescuer
- The genius that is Yappy Hour
- Female friendships and solidarity
- Getting in shape
- Ditching the mismatched, slightly faded undies you should have replaced years ago
- Revenge is a dish…best painted somewhere
- Appreciating craft and artistic skills
- There are clambakes outside of the musical Carousel?
- Spirit of community
- Baking as therapy
- Having a great business partner who’ll do more than their fair share
- Summer by the sea
- An isolated sandbar….
I received an advance reader copy courtesy of publishers Lakewater Press in return for an honest review.
In three words: Hopeful, funny, summer
Try something similar…Under A Tuscan Sky by Karen Aldous
About the Author
Barbara Quinn is an award-winning short story writer and author of a variety of novels. Her travels have taken her to forty-seven states and five continents where she’s encountered fascinating settings and inspiring people that populate her work.
Her many past jobs include lawyer, record shop owner, process server, lingerie sales clerk, waitress and postal worker. She’s a native New Yorker with roots in the Bronx, Long Island, and Westchester. She currently resides with her husband in Bradley Beach, NJ and Holmes Beach, FL. She enjoys spending time with her son and his family and planning her next adventure. She wants to remind everyone that when you meet her, SHE’S NOT SHOUTING, SHE’S ITALIAN.
Connect with Barbara