Thank you to the lovely Laura at Snazzy Books for this nomination – do check out her wonderful blog. I have to confess I’ve been tagged before for this award but never got around to taking part so this is to redress that oversight.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you
- Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know)
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
If you had to pick a literary character to marry/enter into a civil partnership with, who would it be?
Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre
What instantly puts you off a book?
Haha – punctuation, spelling and grammar errors in the first few pages
If you had to pick – favourite 3 authors?
Margaret Atwood (for imagination), C J Sansom (for mystery) and John Buchan (for adventure) – but my answer would change tomorrow…
A toss-up between Alexander McCall Smith’s Mma Ramotswe and C J Samson’s Shardlake
Tea or coffee whilst reading – or neither?
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon
If you could only eat one food ‘cuisine’ for the rest of your life, what would it be?
British fish and chips – with mushy peas of course!
Ebooks or paper books?
Both – ebooks for convenience, paper books for the look and feel
What do you do with books you don’t want to keep? Give them to friends, charity shops, sell them….etc?
All of the above (except sell)
Favourite book/s of 2017 so far?
Days Without End by Sebastian Barry
Favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro – wonderful book, wonderful film especially the sublime partnership of Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson
I’m going to cheat and invite anyone reading this to take part as I know some of you have been tagged loads of times before or don’t take part in tags. Or just pick a question or questions you like from the list below and leave your answer in a comment.
- What book would you most like to unwrap on Christmas Day?
- Which living author would you most like to meet face-to-face?
- What’s your favourite opening line of a book?
- What’s your favourite closing line of a book?
- Have you ever lied about reading a book you haven’t actually read and, if so, what was it?
- What is the most popular book you’ve never read?
- If you were marooned for life on a desert island and could only take one book what would it be?
- What’s your favourite book cover published in 2017?
- If you could be a character in an author’s next book which author would you choose and what type of character?
- Have you ever been fined for taking a library book back late?
- Have you ever cheated to find out how a book ends?