So what is The Classics Club Spin?
It’s an event run by my friends at The Classics Club to help those of us doing The Classics Club Challenge to make some progress with our reading. I can tell you, I need it, as I’ve only read two from my challenge list so far this year!
It works like this:
- Before Friday 10th March, create a post with a numbered list of any twenty books remaining to be read on my Classics Club list (as I’ve said, in my case, most of them). This is my Spin List.
- On Friday, The Classics Club will post a number between 1 and 20. The challenge is to read whatever book matches that number on my Spin List by 1st May 2017.
So without further ado, here is my Spin List:
- Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Romola by George Eliot
- The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Armin
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- The Return of the Soldier by Rebecca West
- The Flowers of Adonis by Rosemary Sutcliff
- Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- Katherine by Anya Seton
- Villette by Charlotte Bronte
- The Last Man by Mary Shelley
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Crowded Street by Winifred Holtby
- Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers
- The Bell by Iris Murdoch
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
- The Power House by John Buchan
- Witch Wood by John Buchan
I chose these twenty for the very practical reason that they are all either sitting on my bookshelf or on my Kindle – so, no excuses!
Please, please let it be a short one!