This time last year…
- I didn’t know what ARC meant. Some kind of mathematical concept? What Indiana Jones went in search of? Now I know it’s a chance to read and review wonderful books before they’re published
- I’d never heard of NetGalley and the last badge I got was in the Brownies – now I have three! I know, the rest of you already have loads, but it’s tickled me
- I had few followers on Twitter and one of those was my sister! Now I have – well, not that many still – but I’ve discovered what a great way it is to connect with other bloggers, readers and publishers
- I’d never written a blog or thought it was the kind of thing I could do and here I am, posting away
- I didn’t know my widget from my plugin and, although I’m only in the reception class when it comes to WordPress, I have a working blog!
- I’d never heard of a blog tour and would have thought – how can that work?
- I didn’t realise what a massive book blogging community was out there, full of passionate readers who love to share reviews and recommendations
- I was stuck in a rut of my preferred genre – historical fiction. Now through ARCs, other bloggers’ reviews and recommendations, I’m reading all kinds of books and finding new authors to love
- I didn’t think I’d have read 65 (and counting) books and would be anticipating increasing that figure in 2017
What book-related achievement has given you most pride or pleasure in 2016?